You can find the IP address of your website in your hosting plan's setup email.
The hosts file is a file on your computer used by the operating system to map hostnames to IP addresses.
You can use this file to preview your website on a server before making your website live.
- Click Start - All Programs -> Accessories.
- Right click on the Notepad icon and select Run as Administrator.
- Click Yes if the 'Do you want to allow the following program to make changes on this computer?' dialog box appears.
- When Notepad opens click File -> Open.
- In the filename field type C:\Windows\System32\Drivers\etc\hosts and click Open.
- The hosts file will contain some comments (lines starting with the # symbol), as well as some default hostname mappings e.g. 127.0.0.1 - local host.
Add your site's IP address and your domain name on a new line as below.
- When you are finished editing the hosts file, click File -> Save.
- To exit Notepad, click File -> Exit.
The new changes should now take effect.
If you have any difficulty please contact Support.