You can find the IP address of your website in your hosting plan's setup email.
The hosts file is a file on your computer used by the operating system to map hostnames to IP addresses.
You can use this file to preview your website on a server before making your website live.
- Open Applications > Utilities > Terminal.
- Open the Hosts file by typing the following in the Terminal window: sudo nano /private/etc/hosts
- Type the username/password for your Mac if prompted.
- The hosts file will contain some comments (lines starting with the # symbol), as well as some default hostname mappings e.g. 127.0.0.1 - local host. Add your domain name and your website's IP address on a new line e.g. 18.104.22.168 yourname.co.nz
- When you are finished editing the hosts file, press Control+x to save the file.
The changes should take effect immediately.
If you have any difficulty please contact Support.